- What would be the benefits of a third political party?
- The majority of Americans do not feel they relate to either the Democrats or the Republicans.
- Our two political parties seem to be controlled by business and public finance.
- If the third party is owned by billionaires, then we really aren't getting anything new.
- What kind of party would be formed?
- Political parties tend to break down.
- Americans feel the economic crisis is not being taken seriously by either of the two parties, which is why a third voice might be necessary.
- What is the role of class in all of this?
- 58% of Americans oppose War in Afghanistan.
- 50%-60% support public healthcare.
- Most Democrats fear that a third political party would be a disadvantage for their party and for Obama in the 2012 election.
- The only way to have a stable democracy is to move people out of poverty into the middle class.
- Why do we need to define ourselves by political parties?
Saturday, January 7, 2012
Left, Right, Center- Third Parties
10-12 facts, details, opinions, and questions