Lessons to be learned from Carter's experiences as President:
- Is it important to remove racial barriers when trying to unite a group of people.
- We must work towards the advancement of human rights.
- After President's time in office is up, he or she should still continue working for change in some way, therefore leaving a legacy behind and giving the presidency a good name.
- It is hard to govern as an outsider (he was a peanut farmer from Georgia- did not fit the stereotype).
- A President must make compromises in order to get things moving in Washington.
- Carter often disdained the news media, which became a major disadvantage for him. A President should respect and work with the media.