- Delaware County is split into two different congressional districts- District 1 and District 7.
- Our district is represented by Pat Meehan, a Republican.
- The 14th district is made up solely by Allegheny County.
- 7 out of the 19 districts are represented by a Democrat in Congress.
- 12 out of the 19 districts are represented by a Republican in Congress.
- Most of the districts follow a boxy shape, which shows they were probably not gerrymandered.
- Philadelphia is split into 5 different congressional districts.
- All 19 districts have about the same number of people living in them.
- District 5 has the most number of counties in it (17).
- Some districts have more counties in them and are larger in area, but this is because the counties have fewer people.
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
PA's Congressional Districts
PA's 19 Congressional Districts